Enhancements to Play-as-you-download and Household Hyperlink
Earlier this month, Google started detailing all of the additions coming to its month-to-month system updates. The corporate added the entire changelogs for December 2021 and January 2022 to its assist web page, and it is not stopping there. The corporate has now up to date the web page to mirror the enhancements made within the newest Play system, Play companies, and Play Retailer updates.
As highlighted on Google’s assist web page, these tweaks embrace the power to redirect Household Hyperlink notifications from a toddler’s system to parental controls, enhancements to Play-as-you-download — which lets avid gamers play cellular video games whereas they’re downloading — and enhancements to Pay As You Go within the UK. Listed below are all of the modifications to count on from the latest system updates on Android.
- [Phone, Tablet] Notifications from Household Hyperlink on a toddler’s system can redirect to parental controls utilizing the Android Settings in two-pane mode (foldable & large-screen units solely).
- [Phone, Tablet] Dad and mom serving to their supervised youngsters signal into their system will now be proven an choice to additionally remotely set up Household Hyperlink on their very own system.
Google Play Retailer
- Enhancements to the Play-as-you-download characteristic to let avid gamers begin taking part in cellular video games whereas the app obtain continues to scale back ready instances.
- [Auto, Tablet, TV, Wear OS, Phone] Permits buy, digitization & use of supported transit passes for Pay As You Go (saved steadiness) within the UK.
- Help for brand spanking new daylight financial savings time transition modifications in numerous nations.
- New developer options for Google and third-party app builders to assist adverts, analytics & diagnostics, machine studying & AI, and safety and privacy-related processes of their apps.
All of those enhancements arrive as a part of January’s Google Play system replace and Play companies v22.02.15 and Play Retailer v28.9, each of which Google began rolling out to Android units final Friday.