Time to apologize to your pockets; Nikon is ready to lift the costs of its cameras and lenses imminently, with Canon having already hiked up the costs of its EF and RF-mount optics by as a lot as $1,000.
Will increase to Nikon inventory costs will likely be efficient from early April, because of disruption from ongoing provide chain points which have insured a continued price enhance to part elements and logistic prices.
• Learn extra: Greatest skilled cameras (opens in new tab)
The worldwide chip scarcity and provide chain points because of the pandemic have been an ongoing impediment for months, affecting quite a few producers and inflicting staggered inventory releases, corresponding to the dearth of Ps 5 consoles and discontinued cameras just like the just lately introduced retirement of the Nikon D500 (opens in new tab).
Communications from Nikon on to shoppers (as reported by (opens in new tab) Nikon Rumors) means that within the curiosity of absorbing prices and sustaining manufacturing traces, Nikon Northern Europe will implement a worth enhance efficient from 01 April 2022 on all imaging cameras and lenses, excluding Sport Optics and sure newer merchandise such because the Nikon Z9 (opens in new tab).
Nikon notes that it has not taken the choice to extend costs frivolously, and acknowledges the challenges it presents to retail companions and photographers. It states that inventory stays in restricted provide and, for orders positioned as of 01 February 2022, it doesn’t count on nearly all of orders to be delivered earlier than the value enhance will take impact.
Some processes have been put in place by Nikon to make sure assist for shoppers is saved in a good method, these embody that inventory on backorder as of 31 January will likely be honored at unique pricing, inventory ordered from 01 February and invoiced earlier than 31 March will likely be honored on the outdated pricing, and new pricing will apply to all orders from 01 February which can be invoiced on or after 01 April 2022.
(opens in new tab)
Canon, in the meantime has already elevated costs on choose RF and EF-mount lenses, with a few of Canon’s refurbished lenses (opens in new tab) additionally more likely to enhance in worth within the close to future. Chosen Canon merchandise which can be confirmed to have obtained a worth enhance, the second Canon worth hike within the final 5 months. Courtesy of (opens in new tab) Canon Rumors, they’re as follows:
• Canon RF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM (opens in new tab) now $1,299 (a rise of $200)
• Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM (opens in new tab) now $1,799 (a rise of $200)
• Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM now $2,899 (a rise of $100)
• Canon RF 600mm f/11 IS STM (opens in new tab) now $799 (a rise of $100)
• Canon RF 800mm f/11 IS STM (opens in new tab) now $999 (a $100 enhance)
• Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM (opens in new tab) now $1,299 (a rise of $200)
• Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM now $1,299 (a $200 enhance)
• Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II (opens in new tab) now $1999 (a rise of $200)
• Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II USM (opens in new tab) now $1,499 (a $200 enhance)
• Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM now $499 (an $80 enhance)
• Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4x now $11,999 (a $1000 enhance)
Be sure you try retailers promoting the outdated costs for those who’re out there for any of those lenses, snap them up quick!
Will the unfavourable post-pandemic aftermath affecting the digital camera industries ever settle? It’s going to definitely be some time till we see a gentle and constant inventory of a number of the hottest however arduous to get ahold of Canon and Nikon cameras, such because the Canon EOS R3 and Nikon Z50.
• Learn extra:
Greatest Canon digital camera (opens in new tab)
Greatest Canon lenses
(opens in new tab)Greatest Canon RF lenses
(opens in new tab)Greatest Nikon digital camera (opens in new tab)
Greatest Nikon lenses
(opens in new tab)Greatest Nikon Z lenses (opens in new tab)